A 25 year-old male is facing charges in connection with a weekend robbery at a business in the 800 block of Argyle Street North.
Police were dispatched at approximately 12:50 p.m. on Saturday, May 5th, to a business in the 800 block of Argyle Street North, for a report of a robbery that had just occurred. A male, wearing a disguise, entered the business and approached an employee. The male showed a firearm and demanded cash. The employee was not physically harmed in the robbery. The suspect fled on foot. With the help of citizens, police were able to obtain a photo of a potential suspect, which was released to the public, via Regina Police Service social media pages, on May 7th. On May 8, 2018, just after midnight, officers located the suspect male and were able to take him into custody after a foot chase. Further investigation led to charges against this individual. He is also charged in connection with a fraud which occurred in January of 2017.
Twenty-five year-old Micheal Aaron CARIFELLE is charged with:
- Armed Robbery [344(1)(a) CC];
- Wearing a Disguise with Intent to Commit an Indictable Offence [351(2)CC];
- Possession of a Loaded Prohibited Firearm [95(1) CC];
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Serial Number has been tampered with [108(1)(b) CC];
- Breach of Probation [733.1(1) CC];
- Theft Under $5,000 [334(b) CC]; and
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5,000 [355(b) CC].
CARIFELLE made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 8, 2017.