A second male has been charged in connection with four shooting incidents in Regina in 2015. This individual is the second person to be charged in connection with these cases, which include two Attempt Murders. The first accused, a male youth, was arrested in October 2016, with the charges announced in a November 2nd news release.
A brief summary of the shooting incidents is as follows:
- On November 12, 2015, at 12:55 a.m., police were dispatched to a restaurant in the 4600 block of Albert Street. Patrons in the restaurant reported that they heard two loud bangs and saw panes of window glass break. The projectiles did not penetrate the full thickness of the windows so there were no injuries reported.
- On November 12, 2015, at 1:18 a.m., police were dispatched to a second report of a shot fired, this time at a residence in the 2400 block of Gordon Road. The female resident of the house was sitting on her living room couch when a single shot was fired through her living room window. No injuries resulted from this incident.
- On November 15, 2015, at 11:38 p.m., police received a call for service to a restaurant in the 4500 block of Albert Street. An employee of the business was shot twice as she was closing the restaurant. The victim received medical treatment and survived.
- On November 15, 2015, at 11:52 p.m., police received a call for service to a restaurant in the 4600 block of Albert Street (same as Nov. 12th, first location) for a report of a male who’d sustained a gunshot wound, as he was entering the business.
Investigation into these incidents led to the discovery of a cache of firearms and ammunition on November 17, 2015. One suspect, a 16 year-old youth at the time of shootings, was arrested and charged on October 16, 2016. A second male suspect, who was 18 at the time of shootings in 2015, was identified by police through the course of the investigation, but the warrant for his arrest was not executed until April, 2018.
Twenty-one year-old Jordan Lee MYMKO, of Regina, is charged with:
- 2 x Attempted Murder, [239 CC];
- 2 x Use of a Firearm in Committing an Indictable Offence, [85(1)(a) CC];
- 2 x Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm, [91(1) CC]; and
- 2 x Discharge a Restricted or Prohibited Firearm in a Reckless Manner, [244.2(1)(a) CC].
MYMKO made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court on Monday, May 28, 2018 at 9:30 a.m.