On October 1, 2018, at approximately 1:37 p.m., police were dispatched to the 900 block of Victoria Avenue for the report of a theft of a vehicle. Twenty minutes later, police were dispatched to a business on the 400 block of McCarthy Boulevard North for the report of a robbery, where a male stole merchandise and also indicated that he had a firearm. The male then fled in a vehicle matching the description of the stolen vehicle stolen from the 900 block Victoria.
Police observed the male exit the suspect vehicle on the 1100 block of Wascana Street, where he was arrested and charged. A firearm was not recovered.
Twenty-eight year-old Jared Adrian DESJARLAIS, of Regina, is charged with:
- Disguise with Intent [CC 351(2)]’
- Fail to comply with recognizance [CC 145(3)];
- Fail to comply with probation order [CC 733.1(1)]
- Resist arrest [CC 129(A)];
- Assault peace officer [CC 270(1)(A)];
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000 [CC 355(A)]; and
- Robbery [CC 344(1)(B)].
DESJARLAIS makes his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court on Tuesday, October 2, 2018 at 9:30 a.m.