Reindeer and elves and Santa, oh my! On Sunday, November 18, 2018, the Santa Claus Parade will be making its jolly way through the city.
Beginning at 1:00 p.m., the parade route starts at 2nd Avenue North heading northbound on Albert Street. The parade will end in the Northgate Mall parking lot.
Please be advised of the following road closures and detours:
- Northbound Albert Street will be detoured starting at 1st Avenue North, and the first available avenue to access Albert Street will be 9th Avenue North. We recommend motorists proceed to Broad Street to gain access to Albert Street North or highways 6 and 11.
- Southbound traffic will be detoured starting at 6th Avenue North, heading west to Argyle Street. Southbound access to Albert Street can be gained by taking Argyle Street/Avonhurst Drive back to Albert Street.
- All other street access to Albert Street will be blocked between 2nd Avenue North to 7th Avenue North.
Motorists, be aware of the increased traffic and the road closures in the area. Plan ahead and leave a few minutes early if you need to travel in the vicinity of the parade. Be aware of increased pedestrian traffic and watch out for little ones.
The Regina Police encourages all parade attendees to practice the following safety precautions:
- Enjoy the parade from the safety of the sidewalk. Please stay off Albert Street and off the boulevard. Keep children from stepping off the sidewalk and running into the street.
- Respect the businesses and the city along the parade route. Clean up after yourself and take any trash you have with you.
- Dress warmly and for the weather.
- Avoid parking in business parking lots.
- Lock your vehicle doors and remove any valuables.
- Avoid the staging area at 2nd Avenue North.
Thank you for following these guidelines to ensure everyone has a safe and fun time at the Santa Claus Parade. Be sure to wave to Santa!