Two adults are facing stolen auto charges after an incident on Wednesday afternoon.
At approximately 1:30 p.m. on December 19, 2018, police observed a suspicious vehicle in the 1500 block of Robinson Street. A check of the vehicle’s license plate confirmed that it had been reported stolen earlier in the morning with keys left in the vehicle. Police observed a male and a female inside the vehicle and proceeded to follow the vehicle. The two suspects then abandoned the vehicle and fled on foot. After a brief foot pursuit, police apprehended the two suspects.
Nineteen year-old Brant Colton CYR of Regina is charged with:
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000 [355(B) CC];
- Theft of motor vehicle [333.1(1) CC];
- Fail to comply with undertaking [145(3) CC]; and
- Possession of a scheduled substance [4(1) CSDA].
Nineteen year-old Heaven Love WHITEMAN-PROSPER of Regina is charged with:
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000 [355(B) CC]; and
- Theft of motor vehicle [333.1(1) CC].
CYR and WHITEMAN-PROSPER appeared in Provincial Court for these charges on December 20, 2018 at 9:30 a.m.
Police would like to take this opportunity to urge motorists to always lock their vehicle doors and to never leave their vehicle running while unattended.