The Regina Police Service Drug Unit (RDU), with the assistance of the Regina Street Gang Unit (SGU), completed an investigation and enforcement action on Friday January 18, 2019 into illegal drug trafficking within the City of Regina.
A CDSA search warrant was executed in the 5600 block of Glide Crescent. As a result of the enforcement action, two adult males were arrested and charged.
Thirty-four year-old Dana Robert KVELLO and 39 year-old Sean Alexander HOLMES were arrested in the 2900 block of Gordon Road. KVELLO and HOLMES are jointly charged with:
- Possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking (Fentanyl) [5(2)CDSA];
- Possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking (Methamphetamine) [5(2)CDSA];
- Possession of a controlled substance (Cocaine) [4(1)CDSA]; and
- Possession of proceeds of crime (Canadian Currency) under $5000 [355(b)CC].
In addition, KVELLO was also charged with:
- Breach of Recognizance [145(3)CC].
KVELLO and HOLMES both made their first court appearances on these charges in Provincial Court on Monday, January 21, 2019. Both were remanded into custody to appear in Provincial Court at a later date.