The Regina Police Service Drug Unit (RDU) completed an investigation and enforcement action on Wednesday, February 20, 2019, into illegal drug trafficking within the City of Regina.
A CDSA search warrant was executed at a residence on Froom Crescent and as a result, the following items were seized:
- Over $300,000.00 Canadian currency;
- Over 800 grams of cocaine; and
- Other evidentiary items to corroborate drug trafficking.
At the completion of the enforcement action, 28 year-old Hussam Abdalla NUGUD, of Toronto, is charged with the following offences:
- Proceeds over $5000 [CC 355(a)];
- Trafficking proceeds of crime – [CC 355.4]; and
- Possession of a scheduled substance (cocaine) for the purpose of trafficking [CDSA 5(2)].
NUGUD made his first appearance in Provincial Court on these charges today, February 21, 2019, at 9:30 am.