On February 27, 2019, at approximately 9:50 a.m., police observed a vehicle, reported stolen, on the 1400 block of Retallack Street. Police approached a 25 year-old male by the vehicle who had just attended to the trunk, and the male moved away from police. Police arrested the male after a brief struggle. A search revealed keys from the stolen vehicle, keys from another vehicle recently reported stolen, a quantity of a substance believed to hydromorph, and a club weapon. The male was identified and found to be in breach of multiple conditions.
Twenty-five year-old Sunray James CRANE, of Regina, is charged with:
- 2 X Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000 [CC 355(B)];
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000 [CC 355(A)];
- Theft of motor vehicle [CC 333.1(1)];
- Resist arrest [CC 129(A)];
- Possession of a scheduled substance (hydromorph) [CDSA 4(1)];
- Possession of a weapon [CC 88];
- Fail to comply with probation order [CC 733.1(1)]; and
- Fail to comply with recognizance [CC 145(3)].
CRANE made his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court this morning, February 28, 2019, at 9:30 a.m.