The Regina Police Service Drug Unit (RDU) completed an investigation and enforcement action on Thursday, April 18, 2019, into illegal drug trafficking within the City of Regina.
CDSA search warrants were executed on Centennial Street and the 3800 block of Retallack Street. As a result of the enforcement action, a large quantity of cocaine and currency were seized and other evidentiary items to corroborate drug trafficking
At the completion of the enforcement action, thirty year-old Yasir Naiem Abdel GADIR, of Toronto, Ontario, has been charged with the following offences:
- Possession of Proceeds of Crime over $5000 [355(a) CC];
- Trafficking Proceeds of Crime [355.4 CC]; and
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking Cocaine [5(2) CDSA]
In addition, GADIR was also charged with:
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking Cocaine [5(2) CDSA]; and
- Possession of Proceeds of Crime over $5000 [355(a) CC].
Related enforcement action completed by RDU on February 20, 2019, on Froom Crescent.