A 22 year-old Regina man is facing numerous charges related to firearms after an incident on Thursday afternoon.
On May 2, 2019 at approximately 12:40 p.m., police were dispatched to a business on the 4100 block of 5th Avenue for a report of a weapons offence. The victim was parked in his vehicle when a male suspect approached him, threatened him, and pointed a firearm. The victim drove away, unharmed, and contacted police. Police set up a perimeter and the Canine Unit conducted a track of the suspect, who was apprehended on the 1100 block of King Street and subsequently arrested and charged.
Twenty-two year-old Eric Lee Alvin KAKAKAWAY of Regina is charged with:
- Uttering threats [264.1(1)(A) CC];
- Use of firearm during commission of an indictable offence [85(1)(A) CC];
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm [91(1) CC];
- Store firearm or restricted weapon contrary to regulations [86(2) CC];
- Possession of a weapon [88 CC];
- Possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm with ammunition [95(1)(A) CC];
- Pointing a firearm [87 CC];
- Carrying concealed weapon [733.1(1) CC]; and
- Fail to comply with probation order [733.1(1) CC].
KAKAKAWAY appeared in court for these charges on May 3, 2019 at 9:30 a.m.