A 37 year-old male is facing charges after an investigation that concluded on Thursday evening.
On May 9, 2019, at approximately 9:45 p.m., as a result of investigation by the Regina Police Service Street Gang Unit, a search warrant was executed on a residence in the 600 block of McTavish Street. Street Crimes, Regina Drug Unit, SWAT (Special Weapons and Tactics), Canine, and Crisis Negotiation teams assisted in the enforcement action. As a result of the investigation and search that followed, firearms and ammunition were located.
Thirty seven year-old Brendan Irvine STARR of Regina is charged with:
- 3 x Careless Storage of a Firearm [86(1) CC];
- 3 x Possession Of A Weapon For A Dangerous Purpose [88 CC];
- 3 x Unauthorized Possession Of Firearm [92(1) CC];
- 3 x Possession of Prohibited Firearm With Ammunition [95(1)(a) CC];
- 3 x Possession Of A Weapon Obtained By Commission of Offence [96(1) CC];
- 3 x Possession of Weapon Contrary To Prohibition Order [117.01(1) CC];
- Possession of Ammunition Contrary To Prohibition Order [117.01(1) CC]; and
- Possession For The Purpose [5(2) CC].
STARR is scheduled to appear in Provincial Court for these charges on May 10, 2019 at 2:00 p.m.