On July 23, 2019, police entered into investigation into stolen property, which led to the arrest of a 32 year-old male. A search of the male yielded a knife, and loaded firearm, in violation of multiple prohibition orders. Investigation determined the firearm to be stolen.
Thirty-two year-old Stuart Michael George SABISTON, of Regina, is charged with:
- 2 X Careless use of a Firearm [CC 86(1)];
- Possession of a weapon [CC 88]
- Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized [CC 92(1)];
- Possession of a loaded/restricted firearm [CC 95(1)];
- Possession of a firearm obtained by crime [CC 96(1)];
- 14 X Possession of firearm/ammunition contrary to prohibition order [CC 117.01(1)]; and
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000 [CC 354(1)(A)].
SABISTON made his first appearance in Provincial Court on these charges this morning, July 24, 2019, at 9:30 a.m.