Get ready, Regina, for the annual Queen City Ex week-long event which features rides, music, and delicious food! The Queen City Ex starts on July 31, 2019 and runs until August 4.
The Regina Police Service, in partnership with the Board of the Queen City Ex, is working to enhance public safety at this year’s Exhibition. Police will have extra officers assigned to the Queen City Ex during peak attendance periods, working in partnership with Exhibition Security. Police will be visible throughout the venue as well as enforcing traffic in the surrounding area. Please note that this operational plan does not draw police personnel away from regular shifts and duties. Police resources dedicated to the Queen City Ex are in addition to the regular complement of patrol members, who will continue to respond to policing needs for the rest of the city.
The Regina Police Service is encouraging event attendees to adopt the following safety and crime-prevention strategies:
- Supervise small children at all times;
- Report any suspicious activity immediately to police or Exhibition security staff;
- Secure cash or valuables and refrain from displaying large amounts of cash;
- If you drink, call a cab or a friend to drive;
- Lock vehicles and remove valuables from plain view; and
- Park vehicles legally and be respectful of the residents of neighbourhoods around Evraz Place.
To learn more about the Queen City Ex’s safety plan, which includes first aid and keeping kids safe information, please see the Queen City Ex’s safety page: //www.evrazplace.com/events/queen-city-ex/safety. The Regina Police Service thanks the public and our partners for their continued cooperation and support in making the Queen City Ex a successful, family-oriented annual event.