On Sunday, July 28, 2019, at approximately 1:10 a.m., members of the Regina Police Service identified a 28 year-old male, who was wanted on warrants, in a stolen vehicle. Police attempted a traffic stop on the vehicle, which evaded police while lights and sirens were engaged.
On Sunday, July 28, 2019, at approximately 7:45 a.m., police responded to the report of a suspicious vehicle at a restaurant on the 1800 block of Albert Street. Police arrived and found the vehicle that had previously evaded police, running with the 28 year-old male driver inside, who was not awake. Drug paraphernalia was observed in plain view. The male was extracted from the vehicle without incident, and arrested. A search revealed a substance believed to be fentanyl, and a master vehicle key.
Twenty-eight year-old Kiefer HILL, of Regina, is charged with:
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000 [CC 355(B)];
- Flight from peace officer [CC 320.17];
- Operation while prohibited by an order [CC 320.18];
- Resist Arrest [CC 129(A)];
- Possession of a scheduled substance (fentanyl) [CDSA 4(1)];
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000 [CC 355(1)];
- 2 X Fail to comply with probation order [CC 733.1(1)]; and
- Possession of automobile master key [CC 353(1)(b)].
HILL made his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court on Monday, July 29, 2019.