Many fun events taking place Thursday in the Queen City. The Saskatchewan Roughriders will be hosting the Hamilton Tiger-Cat at Mosaic Stadium on Thursday, August 1, 2019 at 7:30 p.m. The Rider game occurs at the same time and in close proximity to the Queen City Ex. Tom Cochrane will also be performing at Confederation Park at 5:30 p.m., and April Wine will be performing following the end of the football game. These many events near each other inevitably means an increase of traffic and limited parking. Police are reminding attendees to plan ahead: be aware of road closures, give yourself extra time for travel and parking, and text your friends when you’re done driving.
Beginning at 3:30 p.m. on Thursday, August 1, there will be no vehicle traffic allowed on the 1500, 1600, and 1700 blocks of Elphinstone Street. Access will be limited to Regina Transit buses and local residents only (you may be asked to show that you are a local resident, e.g. home address on identification or correspondence). Fans and motorists will find road closures on:
- 1500 block of Elphinstone Street at Dewdney Avenue;
- Princess Street and 9th Avenue
- Argyle Street and 9th Avenue;
- McTavish Street and 9th Avenue;
- Elphinstone Street and 9th Avenue;
- Montague Street and 10th Avenue;
- Elphinstone Street and North Railway Street;
- Saskatchewan Drive and Elphinstone Street.
Make game day safe and fun for all. Reminders:
- Just drive: don’t drink and/or text and drive;
- Use the FREE Mosaic Stadium Shuttle transit route: https://www.regina.ca/transportation-roads-parking/transit/rider-transit-mosaic-stadium-shuttle/;
- Park legally and don’t litter; and,
- Remove valuables from your vehicle and lock the doors.
Enjoy Game Day and be safe! Go Riders!