A male adult and a male youth have been charged after an incident on Sunday afternoon.
On July 14, 2019 at approximately 4:15 p.m., police were dispatched to a business on the 2100 block of 11th Avenue for a report of two suspicious males. Police then received another call reporting that a male was brandishing a firearm while on a city bus that was in the same area. Police located the two male suspects, one adult and one youth, on a city bus, and were arrested without incident. The investigation revealed a pellet gun, break-in tools, and property alleged to be stolen.
Twenty year-old Devin James McKAY, of Regina, is charged with:
- Possession of a weapon [145(5.1) CC];
- Carrying a concealed weapon [90 CC];
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000 [355(B) CC];
- Possession of break-in instruments [351(1) CC];
- Fail to comply with probation order [733.1(1) CC]; and
- Fail to comply with conditions of undertaking [145(5.1) CC].
McKAY appeared in Provincial Court for these charges on July 15, 2019 at 9:30 a.m.
A 13 year-old male youth of Regina, who cannot be named in accordance with the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act, is charged with Fail to comply with conditions of undertaking [145(5.1) CC]. The youth appeared in Youth Provincial Court for this charge on July 15, 2019 at 9:30 a.m.