Three adult males and one female youth were arrested and charged this past weekend in connection with a stolen auto incident.
On August 31, police received information indicating a male entered the back door of a house in the 2200 block of McAra Street. The male is believed to have taken cash and car keys from the house and then used the keys to start a 2018 GMC Terrain from the property. Police located the stolen vehicle at approximately 2:00 p.m. that afternoon and successfully conducted surveillance, noting five occupants in the stolen vehicle. Four individuals were arrested: one was charged in connection with the theft and possession of the vehicle; another was found to be in possession of a weapon; and two others were charged with possession of identity documents. A fifth person was arrested on an unrelated warrant.
Twenty-nine year-old T’na HTOO (male), of no fixed address, is charged with:
- Break, Enter and Commit Theft [348(1)(b) CC];
- Theft of Motor Vehicle over $5,000 [333.1(1) CC];
- Possession of Stolen Property over $5,000 [355(a) CC]; and
- 2 x Breach of Probation [733.3(1) CC].
Thirty-one year-old Justin Tyler WALCHUK, of Regina, is charged with:
- Possession of a Weapon Dangerous to Public Peace [88 CC]; and
- Carry Concealed Weapon [90 CC].
Thirty-five year-old Thomas Adam STEVENSON, of Regina, is charged with:
- Possession of Identity Documents [56.1(1) CC]; and
- Possession of Stolen Property under $5,000 [355(b) CC].
A 16 year-old female, who cannot be named in accordance with the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act, is charged with Possession of Identity Documents [56.1(1) CC].
HTOO appeared in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday, September 3, 2019. WALCHUK and STEVENSON will appear in Provincial Court on October 10, 2019. The female youth will appear in Youth Court on October 10, 2019.