The stage is set for the Saskatchewan Roughriders to host the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in the CFL Western Final on Sunday at 3:30 p.m. As blue and gold mixes with the sea of green this weekend, the Regina Police Service is asking the public to be aware of increased traffic, as well as numerous pedestrians before and after the game.
Traffic restrictions around Mosaic Stadium will also be in place on game day. Beginning at 11:30 a.m. on Sunday, November 17, 2019, there will be no vehicle traffic allowed on the 1500, 1600, and 1700 blocks of Elphinstone Street. Access will be limited to Regina Transit buses and local residents only (you may be asked to show that you are a local resident, e.g. home address on identification or correspondence)
Fans and motorists also will find road closures on:
- 1500 block of Elphinstone Street at Dewdney Avenue;
- Princess Street and 9thAvenue
- Argyle Street and 9thAvenue;
- McTavish Street and 9thAvenue;
- Elphinstone Street and 9thAvenue;
- Montague Street and 10thAvenue;
- Elphinstone Street and North Railway Street;
- Saskatchewan Drive and Elphinstone Street.
Make game day safe and fun for all. Reminders:
- Just drive: don’t drink and/or text and drive;
- Use the FREE Mosaic Stadium Shuttle transit route: //www.regina.ca/transportation-roads-parking/transit/rider-transit-mosaic-stadium-shuttle/;
- Park legally and don’t litter; and,
- Remove valuables from your vehicle and lock the doors.
Enjoy the game and be safe! Saskatchewan has earned a reputation for having the best fans in the CFL. Make sure the “13th Person” shows up game-ready, responsible and respectful of the rights of others. Let’s secure a spot in the 2019 Grey Cup! Go Riders!