A 23 year-old male is facing a total of 25 charges in connection with a vehicle roll-over incident that occurred at about 1:50 a.m. today (Tuesday), November 5, 2019, in the southbound lane of Albert St N, north of the Albert St overpass.
Preliminary investigation indicates the vehicle was travelling southbound at a high rate of speed, entered the ditch on the west side of the highway, and rolled several times. The rollover caused damage to a fence and significant damage to the vehicle itself. The two occupants of the stolen vehicle were taken into custody and transported to hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Traffic was restricted in that location until evidence was gathered for the investigation. The scene was cleared by approximately 6:00 a.m. As the result of the investigation, a 23 year-old male is facing numerous charges.
Twenty-three year-old Michael Tibor MEZAROS, OF Moose Jaw, is charged with:
- Dangerous Drive Causing Bodily Harm [320.13 CC];
- Drive While Prohibited [320.18(1)(a) CC];
- Breach of Recognizance [145(3) CC];
- Possession of Stolen Auto [355(a) CC];
- 2 X Possession of a Scheduled Substance (methamphetamine and cocaine) [4(1) CDSA];
- 12 X Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Order [117.01(1) CC];
- 2 X Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Device or Ammunition in a Motor Vehicle [94(1) CC];
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized [92(1) CC];
- Possession of a Prohibited Weapon, Knowing it is Unauthorized [92(2) CC];
- 2 X Possession of a Weapon dangerous to Public Peace [88 CC]; and
- Possession of Stolen Property under $5,000 [355(b) CC].
The court date for MEZAROS is yet to be determined.