Two adults, ages 38 and 22, are facing charges as the result of investigation into weapons offences in the city of Regina. This investigation was led by the RPS Street Gang Unit, who executed a search warrant assisted by SHOCAP (Serious Habitual Offender Comprehensive Action Plan), K9 and Community Service Division (patrol).
The search warrant was executed at a residence on Ritchie Crescent just after 9:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 13, 2019. An adult male and adult female, who had left on foot from the residence, were arrested, without incident, by Patrol members earlier. The female was found to be in possession of brass knuckles. The search of the residence yielded a loaded, sawed-off 20-gauge shotgun, a sawed-off 12 gauge shotgun, shotgun and rifle ammunition, and a quantity of a substance believed to methamphetamine. The male and female were subsequently charged in connection with the search.
Twenty-two year-old Collin Russell Scott PRATT, of the Punnichy District, is charged with:
- 2 X Careless Storage of a Firearm [86(1) CC];
- 2 X Possession of a Weapon for A Dangerous Purpose [88 CC];
- 2 X Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm [92(1) CC];
- 2 X Possession of Prohibited Firearm with Ammunition [95(1)(a) CC];
- 2 X Possession of a Weapon Obtained by Commission of Offence [96(1) CC];
- 9 X Possession of Weapon Contrary To Prohibition Order (3 Prohibition Orders) [117.01(1) CC];
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking (methamphetamine) [5(2) CDSA].
PRATT made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 2:00 p.m. today (Thursday) November 14, 2019.
Thirty-eight year-old Francine Alexandra O’WATCH (also known as Francine TANNER), of Regina, is charged with:
- Breach of Probation [733.1(1) CC];
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Weapon (brass knuckles) [9192) CC];
- Possession of a Weapon for A Dangerous Purpose [88 CC];
- Carrying Concealed Weapon [90 CC].
O’WATCH made her first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 2:00 p.m. today (Thursday) November 14, 2019.