On the evening of Friday, December 20, 2019, the Special Weapons and Tactics team, or SWAT, was utilized in the execution of a high-risk search warrant in the 1600 block of 13th Avenue, as part of an ongoing investigation by the Regina Police Service Street Gang Unit. These efforts were carried out without incident. A number of people were safely taken into custody and the investigation is continuing.
Currently charged as a result of the investigation is Thirty-three year old Rodney STARR-GOFORTH:
- Careless Storage of a Firearm X2 [CC 86(1)]
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose X2 [CC 88]
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm X2 [CC 92(1)]
- Possession of prohibited firearm with ammunition X2 [CC 95(1)(a)]
- Possession of a weapon obtained by commission of an offence [CC 96(1)]
- Possession of weapon contrary to prohibition order X3 [CC 117.01(1)]
- Breach of probation order [CC 733.1(1)]
STARR-GOFORTH will make his first court appearance on December 23, 2019 at 0930 hrs.
The Regina Police Service thanks the public, especially the residents of the 1600 block of 13th Avenue and surrounding area, for their patience and co-operation in bringing these events to a peaceful conclusion.