Two men are facing drug trafficking and criminal code charges as the result of a drug investigation and enforcement action by the Regina Drug Unit (RDU), in the Parliament Place area of Regina, yesterday (Wednesday, January 29, 2020).
As a result of the investigation, 23 year-old Louis ALOYSIUS, believed to be from Toronto, Ontario and 23 year-old Efren Ivan Villanueva CUENCA of Toronto, Ontario were jointly charged with the following drug trafficking and Criminal Code offences:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking cocaine [5(2)CDSA];
- Proceeds of crime over $5000 [355(a) CC]; and
- Possession of a prohibited weapon [91(2) CC].
In addition, ALOYSIUS was also charged with:
- Possession of a weapon contrary to a prohibition order [117.01(1) CC].
The total amount of controlled substances and evidence seized during the investigation totaled:
- 1164 grams of cocaine (powder and crack cocaine)
- $29,135.00 currency
- Brass knuckles
Both ALOYSIUS and CUENCA made their first court appearances on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. this morning, January 30, 2020.