A 42 year-old male is facing charges including attempted murder after an incident on Wednesday evening.
At approximately 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, February 19, 2020, police were called to hospital for a report of an injured male. Once police attended, it was learned that a passenger inside a taxi had been assaulted by another passenger. The taxi operator had then driven the victim to the hospital. The victim sustained apparent stab wounds but his condition was described as non-life-threatening.
Investigation led police to a residence on the 700 block of Athol Street where a male suspect was arrested. A search incident to arrest revealed a firearm that was determined to be a BB gun and a quantity of drugs. As a result:
Forty two year-old Trevor Roy SUNSHINE of Regina has been charged with:
- Attempted Murder [CC 239];
- Possession of A Weapon [CC 88];
- Possession of A Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order [CC 117.01 (1)];
- Fail to Comply With Condition of A Release Order [CC 145 (5)(A)];
- Fail to Comply With Probation Order [CC 733.1(1)];
- Possession of A Scheduled Substance [CDSA 4(1).
SUNSHINE made his first court appearance in Provincial Court this afternoon (Thursday) at 2:00 p.m.