On February 5, 2020, at approximately 5:30 p.m., police observed a two males in a parking lot on the 700 block of Albert Street, around a vehicle recently reported stolen. Police stopped one of the males on foot outside the vehicle, while the second male got into the driver’s seat, and drove westbound onto 6th Avenue. Police determined the first male was not involved in the theft of the vehicle so he was released. At approximately 5:40 p.m., police located the vehicle, abandoned, in the middle of the road on 6th Avenue between Angus Street and Rae Street. A police canine track led to a 27 year-old male who was confirmed to be the driver of the stolen vehicle. A search of the male revealed keys to the vehicle.
Twenty-seven year-old Geoffrey James WORM, of Regina, is charged with:
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000 [CC 355(A)];
- Impaired operation of a conveyance [CC 320.14(1)(A)];
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000 [CC 355(B)];
- Obstruct peace officer [CC 129(A)];
- Fail to comply with probation order [CC 733.1(1)]; and
- Fail to comply with recognizance [CC 145(5)(A)].
WORM made his first appearance in Provincial Court on these charges this morning, February 6, 2020, at 9:30 a.m.