On February 26, 2020, the Regina Drug Unit (RDU) completed a drug investigation and enforcement action at three locations in Regina, SK. Two addresses on Centennial Street and one location in the 1600 block of McDonald Street were searched in relation to CDSA search warrants.
As a result of the investigation:
- 32 year-old Ahmed BASHIR Ahmed of Surrey, BC;
- 30 year-old Hakim KAROD of Calgary, Alberta; and
- 26 year-old Jermaine AOUT, believed to be from Toronto, Ontario, were jointly charged with the following drug trafficking and Criminal Code offences:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking cocaine [S.5(2)CDSA]
- Proceeds of crime over $5000 [ 355(a) CC ]
- Possession of a prohibited weapon [ 92(2) CC ]
In addition, Ahmed was also charged with:
- Possession of a weapon contrary to a prohibition order [117.01(1) CC]
The total amount of controlled substances and evidence seized during the investigation totaled:
- Over 200 grams of cocaine (powder and crack cocaine)
- Over $125,000.00 currency
- Stun gun
The accused made their first court appearance on February 27, 2020.