A 35 year-old Regina male is facing a string of weapons charges after a traffic stop.
On Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at approximately 3:30 a.m., patrol officers attempted a traffic stop on a vehicle in the 600 block of Athol Street. The vehicle evaded police, but was later located again by officers in the 1300 block of Pasqua Street. At that time, police approached the individuals walking away from the vehicle and arrested one male and two females.
In a search incident to arrest, a bag was located. The bag contained a firearm, as well as numerous rounds of ammunition. Through investigation, officers learned the contents of the bag belonged to a 35 year-old male. The male was also in possession of bear spray at the time of his arrest. The two females arrested were questioned and released with no charges.
Thirty-five year-old Tony James THOMPSON has been charged with:
- Possession of a Weapon [CC 88];
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon [CC 90];
- Carrying Concealed Prohibited Device or Ammunition [CC 90];
- Careless Storage of a Firearm [86 (2)];
- Possession of Firearm Knowing Its Possession Is Unauthorized [CC 92 (2)];
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm In Motor Vehicle [CC 94 (1)]
- Possession of a Prohibited/Restricted Firearm With Ammunition [CC 95 (1)(a)];
- Possession of a Firearm, Prohibited or Restricted Weapon Obtained By Crime [CC 96 (1)].
- 4 X Possession of Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order [CC 117.01(A)];
- 2 X Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Weapon Knowing Possession is Unauthorized [CC 92 (2)]
THOMPSON made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court on February 5, 2020 at 2 p.m.