On Tuesday, April 21, 2020 at approximately 12:10 p.m., members of the Regina Police Service located a vehicle matching the description of a vehicle that had been reported stolen to Moose Jaw Police. A stolen licence plate was also attached to the vehicle.
Police successfully deployed a tire deflation device (spike belt) on the vehicle on 6th Avenue, but the driver of the suspect vehicle continued to drive at a very high rate of speed. A short time later, the vehicle was abandoned at 2nd Avenue and McTavish Street and the male driver and female occupant of the vehicle fled on foot. Police apprehended both suspects quickly. As a result:
Thirty six year-old Tyler FIGLEY, of no fixed address, has been charged with:
- Theft Of Motor Vehicle [CC 333.1 (1)];
- Possession of Property Obtained By Crime Over $5000 [CC 355 (A)];
- Possession of Property Obtained By Crime Under $5000 [CC 355 (B)]; and
- Fail To Comply With Condition Of A Release Order [CC 145 (5)(A)].
Thirty seven year-old Celeste Dawn WHITEHAWK, of Regina, has been charged with:
- Possession of Property Obtained By Crime Over $5000 [CC 355 (A)].
Both FIGLEY and WHITEHAWK will make their first court appearances on these charges in Provincial Court on July 7, 2020 at 9:30 a.m.