On Saturday, May 23, 2020 at approximately 3:40 p.m., police were dispatched to the 1500 block of McTavish Street where it was reported that a male was in his vehicle, slumped over the wheel.
When police arrived, officers located the parked vehicle and the male inside. Drug paraphernalia was visible inside the vehicle. The male was apprehended by police, and a search of the vehicle resulted in police locating a firearm, ammunition and a quantity of drugs. As a result:
Twenty six year-old Joshua David KOHL, of Regina, has been charged with:
- Possession of A Weapon [CC 88];
- Carrying Concealed Weapon [CC 90];
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm [CC 91 (1)];
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm In Motor Vehicle [CC 94 (1)];
- Careless Storage Of Firearm [CC 86 (2)];
- Possession of A Prohibited or Restricted Firearm With Ammunition [CC 95 (1)(A)], and
- Possession of A Scheduled Substance [CDSA 4 (1)].
KOHL will make his first court appearances on these charges in Provincial Court on July 21, 2020 at 9:30 a.m.