Two people: a male and female, are facing numerous drug and firearms-related charges as the result of investigation by the Regina Police Service Street Gang Unit.
Investigation by the Street Gang Unit into illegal activities led to police obtaining a search warrant, on May 29, 2020, for a residence in the 3900 block of Green Falls Drive in south east Regina. At approximately 9:50 p.m., officers observed a vehicle arriving, occupied by one of the identified suspects in this investigation. The male exited the vehicle and then attempted to flee, but he was arrested without further incident. A search of the suspect male yielded substances believed to be fentanyl and methamphetamine, cash, four cell phones and other materials associated to drug trafficking. A search of the residence yielded more cash, a substance believed to be methamphetamine, packaging, and a sawed-off rifle. A female was arrested from the residence without incident.
The accused in this investigation are 23 year-old Marlon Roland WHITEHAWK and 26 year-old Tayler Joy WILLIAMSON, both of Regina. Both are charged with the following offences:
– Possession for the Purpose of trafficking methamphetamine [5(2) CDSA];
– Possession for the Purpose of trafficking fentanyl [5(2) CDSA];
– Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose [88 CC];
– Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm [92(1) CC];
– Careless Storage of a Firearm [86(1) CC];
– Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Weapon [91(2) CC];
– Possession of Proceeds of Crime under $5000 [355(b) CC];
– Possession of a Prohibited Firearm with Ammunition [95(1) CC]; and
– Possession of a Weapon Obtained by crime [96(1) CC].
In addition, WHITEHAWK is facing charges of:
– Possession of a Firearm contrary to order [117.01(1) CC]; and
– Breach of Probation [733.1(1) CC].
Both WHITEHAWK and WILLIAMSON made their first court appearances on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Monday, June 1, 2020.