Under the authority of, and pursuant to, the Saskatchewan Public Disclosure Act, the Regina Police Service is issuing a public advisory on a male, who is considered to be a high risk to reoffend sexually. Seventy-one year-old Steven Brian EWANCHUK, will reside in the Heritage neighbourhood of Regina in a residence that provides supervision and monitoring of his activities. THIS INFORMATION IS INTENDED TO ENABLE MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC TO TAKE SUITABLE PREVENTATIVE MEASURES, NOT TO EMBARK UPON ANY FORM OF VIGILANTISM OR OTHER UNREASONABLE CONDUCT DIRECTED AT THIS INDIVIDUAL.
Steven Brian EWANCHUK is described as: Male, 71 years old, 6’0” tall, weighing approximately 200 pounds, with green eyes and brown hair.
A general description of his offending behavior: Mr. EWANCHUK has a long criminal history starting in 1970 which includes violent sexual offences and he has a history of re-offending as an adult. Mr. EWANCHUK has 8 convictions for sex offences and 4 for non-compliance with court ordered conditions. During his time of incarceration, Mr. EWANCHUK completed programming designated to address his risk factors but the assessing psychologist stated the results of the programming will unlikely substantially affect the risk to re-offend. Mr. EWANCHUK has not made any progress in reducing his high risk to re-offend sexually and/or violently.
Today, Monday, June 29, 2020, EWANCHUK begins his unescorted access to the community. Steven Brian EWANCHUK is bound by a Long Term Supervision Order until February 12, 2028, and must abide by the following special conditions:
- Follow treatment plan/program to be arranged by your parole supervisor in the area of sexual deviancy which may include the use of libido-reducing medication if prescribed by a medical practitioner.
- Not to be in, near, or around places where children under the age of 18 are likely to congregate such as elementary and secondary schools, parks, swimming pools and recreational centres unless accompanied by an adult previously approved in writing by Parole Supervisor.
- Immediately report all intimate sexual and non-sexual relationships and friendships with females to Parole Supervisor.
- May not have any direct or indirect contact with the victim of his current offence or any member of the victim’s family.
- Not to be in the presence of any female children under the age of 18 unless accompanied by a responsible adult who knows his criminal history and has previously been approved in writing by Parole Supervisor.
- Reside at a community correctional centre, or a community residential facility, or other residential facility approved by the Correctional Service of Canada.
Any member of the public who has questions or concerns is encouraged to contact the Regina Police Service at 306-777-6500. Any person who wishes to report an incident where Steven Brian EWANCHUK is in violation of the aforementioned conditions, should call the Regina Police Service at 306-777-6500 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS). Concerns or reports from persons living outside of Regina should be directed to the nearest detachment of the RCMP or local municipal police department.
This information is intended to raise community awareness about the presence of this offender so that people may make informed choices about contact with this person. This information is not to be used for an unlawful purpose. The Regina Police Service stresses: THIS INFORMATION IS INTENDED TO ENABLE MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC TO TAKE SUITABLE PREVENTATIVE MEASURES, NOT TO EMBARK UPON ANY FORM OF VIGILANTISM OR OTHER UNREASONABLE CONDUCT DIRECTED AT THIS INDIVIDUAL.
Please visit the Canadian Centre for Child Protection for further information on why high risk offender release notifications are issued.