On Saturday, June 6, 2020 at approximately 8:35 p.m., a patrol member located a stolen vehicle travelling in the area of Lewvan Drive and 4th Avenue. A lone male occupant could be seen in the driver seat.
Members of the RPS Stolen Auto Unit were notified, and surveillance was conducted on the vehicle as it proceeded to travel to Dewdney Avenue and continued west out of Regina city limits. The driver of the vehicle continued to Lumsden and proceeded to drive onto a nearby grid road. A tire deflation device (spike belt) was deployed at a rural location on the grid road. The vehicle pulled into a nearby property, drove through a gate, and came to a stop. The male driver of the vehicle was arrested by police without incident. A search incident to arrest revealed ammunition inside the vehicle. The licence plate on the vehicle was also confirmed to be stolen. As a result:
Twenty five year-old Cayden Cheyne BLACKLAWS, of Moose Jaw, has been charged with:
- 2 X Possession Of Property Obtained By Crime Under $5000 [CC 355 (B)];
- 2 X Possession Of Firearm Or Ammunition Contrary To Prohibition Order [CC 117.01 (1)];
- Operation Of A Conveyance While Prohibited [CC 320.18 (1)(A)];
- Mischief Under $5000 [CC 430 (4)];
- Fail To Comply With Probation Order [CC 733.1 (1)];
BLACKLAWS made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court today (Monday, June 8) at 9:30 a.m.