On June 4, 2020, at approximately 5:40 p.m., police were dispatched a robbery in progress on the 1100 block of Robinson Street.
Information received was that an 18 year-old male was riding his bicycle when a cinderblock was thrown at his tire. A group of suspects, one armed with a firearm, then dragged him into a house and robbed him of property, deploying what is believed to be bear spray. The victim then escaped.
Police attended to the area and detained three males and a female outside with injuries sustained from bear spray. Police entered the residence but did not find any other persons inside. A search warrant was executed and a firearm and ammunition was recovered from the residence. The three males were arrested and charged.
Twenty-two year-old Gabriel GOFORTH, twenty year-old Jacob GOFORTH, and 25 year-old Delbert Joel KAISWATUM, all of Regina, are jointly charged with:
- Robbery with a firearm [CC 344(1)(a.1)];
- Careless storage of a firearm [CC 86(1)];
- Possess weapon [CC 88];
- Possess a firearm knowing they were not the holder of a license [CC 92(1)];
- Point a firearm [CC 87];
- Possess a firearm knowing it was obtained in the commission of an offence [CC 96]; and
- Use a firearm in the commission of an indictable offence [85(1)(A)].
KAISWATUM is singularly charged with:
- Fail to comply with release order [CC 145(5)(A)];
- Fail to comply with probation order [CC 145(5)(A)]; and
- 2 X Possession of firearm/ammunition contrary to prohibition order [CC 117.01(1)].
The three accused made their first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court today, June 5, 2020, at 2:00 p.m.
Investigation into this incident is still ongoing. Anyone who has information to assist in this investigation is asked to contact the Regina Police Service at 306-777-6500 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.