On June 5, 2020, at approximately 11:05 p.m. police attempted a traffic stop on a vehicle at 6th Avenue and Princess Street. The vehicle increased its speed and drove away from police. Police maintained sight of the vehicle until it parked in the 1000 block of Reynolds Street. Two males exited the vehicle, fleeing on foot when police approached. The driver of the vehicle, an 18 year-old male, was located and apprehended by the Regina Police Service Canine Unit. The male sustained injury from a dog bite and was treated for his injuries by EMS. A search of the male revealed identification belonging to another person, which had been previously been reported as stolen.
The second suspect, a 21 year-old male, was arrested on the 1000 block of Reynolds Street where he was observed discarding a firearm.
A search of the vehicle yielded ammunition which matched the firearm.
Eighteen year-old Tyson STARBLANKET, of Regina, is charged with:
- Flight from peace officer [CC 320.17];
- Fail to comply with release order [CC 145(5)(A)]; and
- Possess identity document [CC 56.1(1)].
Twenty-one year-old Keenan Francis NONAME, of Regina, is charged with:
- Careless storage of firearm [CC 86(2)];
- Possession of a weapon [CC 88];
- Possession of firearm knowing its possession unauthorized [CC 92(1)];
- Unauthorized possession of firearm in a motor vehicle [CC 94(1)];
- Possession of a restricted firearm with ammunition [CC 95(1)(A)];
- Fail to comply with probation order [CC 733.1(1)]; and
- Fail to comply with release order [CC 145(5)(A)].
Both accused made their first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court today, Monday, June 8, 2020.