On June 19, 2020, around 5:00 a.m., police conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle on the 700 block of Garnet Street. Police approached the vehicle and observed a firearm inside in plain view. The two occupants of the vehicle, a 33 year-old male and a 29 year-old male, were taken into custody.
A search revealed multiple weapons, a substance believed to be cocaine, and drug paraphernalia.
Thirty-three year-old Ryan GROSS, of Saskatoon, and 29 year-old Jordan Wayne TAYPOTAT, of Regina, are jointly charged with:
- Possession of a weapon [CC 88];
- Careless storage of a firearm [CC 86(2)];
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited device in a motor vehicle [CC 94(1)(A)(ii)]; and
- Possession of a scheduled substance for the purpose of trafficking (cocaine) [CDSA 5(2)].
GROSS is also charged with:
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm [CC 91(1)].
TAYPOTAT is also charged with:
- Possess firearm knowing its possession unauthorized [CC 92(1)];
- Carry concealed weapon [CC 90];
- Possess weapon [CC 88];
- Possess firearm/ammunition contrary to prohibition order [CC 117.01(1)];
- Fail to comply with release order [CC 145(5)(A)];
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime [CC 355(B)].
GROSS and TAYPOTAT make their first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court today, June 19, 2020, at 2:00 p.m.