A 29 year-old male is charged after a traffic stop on Friday, June 12, 2020, which was the subject of a previous news release notifying the public of a CEW discharge by police.
At approximately 8:40 p.m., police conducted a traffic stop on an adult male driver in the 6400 block of 7th Avenue North. Police concluded the male was arrestable for criminal offences, and the driver attempted to flee. A CEW was deployed on the driver during the arrest. Items seized during search of the vehicle included cocaine and currency.
Regina Drug Unit members executed a subsequent search warrant on a residence in the 200 block of Hastings Crescent. The search revealed a quantity of cocaine, a large amount of currency, drug paraphernalia, brass knuckles, and a CEW (conducted energy weapon).
Twenty-nine year-old Dakota Jared THORBURN-LALIBERTE, of Regina, is charged with:
- Possession of a scheduled substance for the purpose of trafficking (cocaine) [5(2) CDSA];
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime over $5000 [CC 355];
- 2 X Possession of firearm/ammunition contrary to prohibition order [CC 117.01(1)];
- Resist arrest [CC 129(A)]; and
- 2 X Unauthorized possession of a restricted weapon [CC 91(2)].
THORBURN-LALIBERTE made his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court today, Monday, June 15, 2020 at 9:30 a.m.