On Saturday June 27, 2020 police observed a male walking in the 2900 block of 5th Avenue who had a large knife in a sheath strapped to the front of his chest from a strap on his back pack. The male was detained for a weapons offence investigation. It was discovered the male was on a probation order with a condition to not possess any weapons, including knives. The male was arrested and transported to detention. In detention, it was discovered the males backpack contained ammunition, improvised firearms (zip guns), firearm parts, tools and drugs.
Twenty-three year-old Dallen DESJARLAIS has been charged with:
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance [CDSA 4(1)];
- Carrying Concealed Weapon [CC 90];
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized [CC 92(1)];
- Weapons Trafficking [CC 99];
- Possession of a Firearm, Prohibited Weapon [CC 96(1)];
- Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition [CC 95(1)(a)];
- Possession of Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order x 2 [CC 117.01(1)];
- Possession of a Weapon [CC 88];
- Fail to Comply with Condition of Release Order [CC 145(5)(a)];
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order [CC 733.1(1)]
DESJARLAIS is scheduled to make his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court on June 29, 2020 at 09:30 a.m.