On Sunday, July 5, 2020, at approximately 9:10 p.m., police were dispatched to the area of Avonhurst Drive for the report of a hit and run. Information provided was that a truck had struck two vehicles and left the scene at a high rate of speed.
As police were attending to the accident, there were numerous calls for service reporting a truck driving erratically throughout the North Central and Mount Royal area. The truck was located, and was safely immobilized on 2nd Avenue North and Osbourne Crescent. A 30 year-old female driver was arrested and charged. Police learned that the 30 year-old female had broken into a residence and stole the keys to the truck, and was also charged with break and enter.
Thirty year-old Samantha Lynn NICHOLLS, of Regina, is charged with:
- Break and enter and commit [CC 348(1)(B)];
- Theft of motor vehicle [CC 333.1(1)];
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000 [CC 355(B)];
- 2 X Failure to stop after accident [CC 320.16(1)];
- Operate a conveyance dangerous to public (dangerous drive) [CC 320.13(1)]; and
- Operation of conveyance while impaired by alcohol and/or drugs [CC 320.14(1)(A)];
- Fail to comply with demand [CC 320.15(1)];
- Fail to comply with probation order [733.1(1)]; and
- Fail to comply with release order [CC 145(5)(A)].
NICHOLLS makes her first court appearance on today, Monday, July 6, 2020 at 1:30 p.m.