On Tuesday, June 30th 2020 at approx. 20:04 hours Police responded to a call on the 2300 Block of McTavish St. of a firearm discharge inside of a residence there. After further investigation it was determined that an adult male had been handling a long barreled firearm and had accidentally discharged it into a wall inside the house.
No one was injured as a result of the discharge.
The long barreled firearm was seized by police as well as a large amount of narcotics. The adult male was arrested and charged with the following offences:
• Sec. 5(2) CDSA – Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking
• Sec. 86(1) C.C – Careless Use of a Firearm
• Sec. 88 C.C – Weapons Dangerous
• Sec. 96 C.C – Possession of a Firearm Knowing That It Was Obtained Illegally
• Sec. 91 C.C – Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
The male will be making his first appearance in Provincial Court on these charges on July 2nd.