A 26 year-old male is facing numerous charges, including firearms charges, after an incident yesterday afternoon in the 1400 block of 14th Avenue.
At approximately 3:18 p.m., police were dispatched to the 1400 block of 14th Avenue, the location of the Regina General Hospital, for a report of a male who was on hospital premises and was refusing to drop a knife after being challenged by hospital security staff. Police arrived and located a 26 year-old male who relinquished the knife when police arrived and attempted to flee. He was detained and arrested. In a search incident to his arrest, police located a loaded sawed-off .22 calibre rifle and an over-capacity magazine, in a backpack. The male has been charged in connection with the initial weapons offence and the discovery of the firearm and ammunition.
Twenty-six year-old Joey Lance TATAQUASON, of Regina, is charged with:
- Assault with a Weapon [267(a) CC];
- 6 X Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition contrary to Prohibition Order [117.01(1) CC];
- Careless Use of a Firearm [86(2) CC];
- Carry Concealed Weapon [90 CC];
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized [92(1) CC];
- Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition [95(1)(a) CC]; and
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Serial Number has been Tampered With [108(1)(b) CC]
TATAQUASON will make his first court appearance on these charges before Provincial Court on July 20, 2020.