A 35 year-old Regina male is facing numerous charges relating to robberies that occurred in Regina in late 2016. These charges are the result of continued work on these cases by detectives specializing in robbery investigations in the RPS Investigative Services Division.
Here is a brief summary of the Incidents involved in this comprehensive investigation:
- 16, 2016 – At approximately 11:50 p.m., masked suspects, one with a firearm, entered a restaurant in the 400 block of Broad Street North and demanded cash.
- 11, 2016 – At 1:22 a.m., masked suspects, both with firearms, entered a restaurant business in the 1300 block of Broadway Avenue. Both escaped with an undisclosed amount of cash.
- 14, 2016 – At 11:38 p.m., in circumstances similar to the previous robberies, masked suspects entered a business in the 200 block of Albert Street North, armed with firearms. The suspects escaped with an undisclosed amount of cash.
- 11, 2016 – The location for this robbery was a business in the 100 block of University Park East, at about 6:55 p.m. Again, masked suspects, armed with a firearm, entered the business, demanded cash and escaped.
- 22, 2016 – At about 1:52 a.m., a business (same as robbery #1) in the 400 block of Broad Street North was the site of a robbery by masked suspects, one of whom was armed with a firearm.
As a result of continued investigation into these offences, a 35 year-old male was arrested on July 9, 2020. At the time of his arrest, the suspect male was in possession of identity documents belonging to another person. The suspect was charged accordingly in connection with this offence.
Thirty-five year-old Ryan Neil MATECHUCK, of Regina, is charged with:
– 5 X Armed Robbery Using a Firearm [344(1)(a.1) CC];
– 5 X Wearing a Disguise with Intent to Commit an Indictable Offence [351(2) CC]; and
– Identity Fraud/Possession of Identity Documents [56.1(1) CC].
MATECHUCK made his first appearance on these charges before Provincial Court at 2:00 p.m. on Friday, July 10, 2020.