An adult male and adult female are facing charges after investigation into a recent residential break and enter in south-west Regina.
On Tuesday, June 30, 2020, at about 4:39 p.m., police were dispatched to Albulet Drive for a report of a break and enter that had occurred about 12 hours before. It’s believed the break and enter happened around 4:00 a.m. on June 30th and that the suspects first entered the victims’ garage, removing three bicycles. After that, it’s alleged the suspects used the door from the garage into the house and moved about the entry and kitchen, stealing electronics (MacBook, iPads), phones, backpacks, sports equipment, and a wallet. All of this occurred while the family was at home, sleeping. The thefts were not discovered until later in the morning. By then, one of the credit cards in the wallet had been used at two local businesses.
Investigation into this break and enter led to police obtaining a search warrant, on July 6th, for a residence in the 2200 block of Robinson Street. A male and a female were arrested in the search, and quantities of drugs were located in the footwear of one of the individuals. Other paraphernalia, associated to drug trafficking, were found in the search of the residence. Numerous items from the Albulet Drive break and enter were recovered, as well as numerous identity documents from various persons. The two suspects were subsequently charged.
Thirty-one year-old Kori Renee BARON, of Regina, is charged with:
- Possession of stolen property, [354(1)(a) CC]; and
- Possession of identity documents, [56.1(1) CC].
Forty year-old Robin Lee BRANDT, of Regina, is charged with;
- Break and enter and commit theft, [348(1)(b)];
- Use a credit card, knowing it was stolen, [342(1)(c) CC];
- Possession of stolen property, [354(1)(a) CC];
- Possession of identity documents, [56.1(1) CC];
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking (cocaine), [5(2) CDSA];
- Possession of methamphetamine, [4(1) CC];
- Possession of fentanyl, [4(1) CC];
- Possession of proceeds of crime under $5,000, [355(b) CC]; and
- Breach of probation, [733.1(1) CC].
Both BRANDT and BARON made their first court appearance on these charges (yesterday) on Tuesday, July 7, 2020 at 2:00 p.m.