On Thursday, July 9, 2020 at approximately 4:10 p.m., staff at a car dealership on the 1100 block of Albert Street contacted police to report the theft of a vehicle from the dealership.
At approximately 5:23 p.m, police observed the stolen vehicle parked in the 1200 block of Argyle Street. The lone male occupant of the vehicle was arrested by police. The male was in possession of the keys to the vehicle; the key had the dealership tag still attached. As a result:
Twenty eight year-old Cody James LERAT, of Regina, has been charged with:
- Theft of Motor Vehicle [CC 333.1 (1)];
- Possession of Property Obtained By Crime Over $5000 [CC 355 (A)];
- Possession of Property Obtained By Crime Under $5000 [CC 355 (B)];
- Mischief Under $5000 [CC 430 (4)];
- Fail To Comply With Probation Order [CC 733.1 (1)].
LERAT made his first court appearance on these charges this morning (Friday, July 10, 2020) at 9:30 a.m.