At approximately 4:45 a.m. on August 20th, 2020, police observed a suspicious vehicle driving at a high rate of speed near Albert Street & Dewdney Avenue. A vehicle stop was attempted but the driver did not pull over, evading police. A spike belt was deployed and the vehicle stopped near Broad Street and 6Th Avenue. The driver, a 23 year old female was arrested from the vehicle.
Twenty three year old Natahni Paquachan is charged with:
• Flight from a Peace Officer [CC 320.17];
• Impaired Operation of a Vehicle [CC 320.14(1)(a)];
• Operation Conveyance Dangerous to the Public [CC 320.13(1)];
• Fail to Comply with Condition of an Undertaking [CC 145(4)(a)];
• Possession of a Weapon (Bear Spray) for a Purpose Dangerous to the Public Peace [CC 88].
Paquachan will make her first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court on September 9th, 2020 at 9:30 a.m.