On Tuesday, August 18, 2020, at approximately 11:20 a.m., police observed a suspicious vehicle driving at a high rate of speed near Dewdney Avenue and Queen Street. A vehicle stop was attempted but was unsuccessful as the driver evaded. A spike belt was deployed on the vehicle around 6th Avenue and Park Street. Two males fled the vehicle on foot and were arrested by police. The driver, a 27 year-old male, was charged.
Twenty-seven year-old Chase Gauge MCKAY, of Regina, is charged with:
- Operate Conveyance Dangerous to Public [CC 320.13(1)];
- Flight from Peace Officer [CC 320.17];
- Fail to Comply with Release Order [145(5)(A)];
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order [CC 733.1(1)]; and
- Obstruct Peace Officer [CC 129(A)].
MCKAY made his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court this morning, August 19, 2020, at 9:30 a.m.