A 22 year-old Regina male has been charged in connection with two robberies and a theft in the Rosemont and Normanview West neighbourhoods last month.
The three incidents, later deemed to be related, all occurred on July 1, 2020;
- Robbery: At approximately 8:42 p.m., police were dispatched to the 300 block of McCarthy Boulevard for a report of a male who had demanded personal property from a 15 year-old female, then lifted the hem of his shirt, showing a firearm.
- Theft: A short time later (same date) a bike was stolen from a rack outside a business in the 300 block of McCarthy Boulevard. A male suspect jumped out of a truck; the suspect cut the lock on the bicycle with bolt cutters and drove the bike east bound on 7th Avenue North.
- Robbery: At approximately 9:04 p.m. (same date), in the area of 4th Avenue and McIntosh Street, a 16 year-old female reported her bicycle was taken from her by a male who showed he had a gun. The male left the area on the stolen bicycle.
Continued investigation into these events led police to identify a viable suspect. At the time of his arrest, the suspect was already in custody on unrelated matters. Further investigation led to three new charges against this individual.
Twenty-two year-old Jeremy Austin Lee HASTINGS, of Regina, is charged with:
- 2 X Robbery [344(1)(b) CC]; and
- Theft under $5,000 [334(b) CC].
HASTINGS made his first court appearance on the new charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, August 12, 2020.