On Friday, September 25, 2020, just before 7:00 a.m., police were dispatched to the 1100 block of Rae Street for the report of a male in a vehicle with a firearm. Upon arrival police observed a lone male entering the described vehicle. The male was arrested, and searches revealed a firearm and ammunition. The male was found to be in violation of a prohibition order not to possess firearms or ammunition.
Twenty-six year-old Kevin Albert QUEWEZANCE, of Regina, is charged with:
- Careless Storage of a Firearm [CC 86(2)];
- Possession of a Weapon [CC 88];
- Carry Concealed Weapon [CC 90];
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing Possession Unauthorized [CC 92(1)];
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm/Ammunition in a Motor Vehicle [CC 94(1)]; and
- 2 X Possession of a Firearm/Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order [CC 177.01(1)].
QUEWEZANCE is scheduled to make his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court on Monday, September 28, 2020 at 9:30 a.m.