On Sunday, September 20, 2020 at approximately 5:15 p.m., members of the Regina Police Service SHOCAP (Serious Habitual Offender Comprehensive Action Program)/Robbery Unit located a stolen vehicle driving in the 1400 block of Rae Street. Police conducted surveillance on the vehicle until it parked in the 1100 block of Garnet Street. Officers then approached vehicle and located two adult males inside; both were arrested without incident. In a search incident to arrest, police located a backpack in the vehicle with numerous firearms inside. The driver was also found to be in possession of ammunition. As a result:
Forty-nine year-old Jason David HENDERSON, of Regina, has been charged with:
- 2 X Possession Of A Weapon [CC 88];
- 2 X Carrying A Concealed Weapon [CC 90];
- Possession Of A Firearm Knowing It’s Possession Is Unauthorized [CC 92 (1)];
- Unauthorized Possession Of A Prohibited Device/Ammunition In A Motor Vehicle [CC 94 (1)(a)(ii)];
- Careless Storage Of A Firearm [CC 86 (2)];
- 7 X Possession Of Firearm Or Ammunition Contrary To Prohibition Order [CC 117.01 (1)];
- 2 X Possession Of Property Obtained By Crime Under $5000 [CC 355 (B)].
HENDERSON made his first court appearance on these charges this morning (Monday, September 21, 2020) at 9:30 a.m.