On Wednesday, September 2, 2020 at approximately 10:30 p.m., members of the Regina Police Service Stolen Auto Unit located a stolen vehicle travelling in the area of Wascana Park near the Legislative Buildings. Police deployed a tire deflation device (spike belt) on the vehicle near 14th Avenue and McIntyre Street; the vehicle continued to drive before coming to a stop and the two occupants inside fled on foot. Both the driver and the passenger were quickly apprehended by police.
A search of the vehicle revealed an imitation firearm and a number of items of stolen property that were reported stolen during a recent break and enter to a parking garage in the 1600 block of Dakota Drive. As a result:
Thirty-three year-old Tyler Wayne EDWARDS, of Regina, has been charged with:
- Theft Of Motor Vehicle [CC 333.1 (1)];
- Break Enter & Commit [CC 348 (1)(B)];
- 2 X Possession of Property Obtained By Crime Under $5000 [CC 355 (B)];
- Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition Contrary To Prohibition Order [CC 117.01 (1)];
- 2 X Fail To Comply With Probation Order [CC 733.1 (1)].
A sixteen year-old female youth, who cannot be named in accordance with the Youth Criminal Justice Act, has been charged with:
- Possession of Property Obtained By Crime Under $5000 [CC 355 (B)].
The youth made her first court appearance in Provincial Youth Court on September 3, 2020 at 9:30 a.m.
EDWARDS made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court on September 3, 2020 at 9:30 a.m.