Three adult males have been charged in connection with investigation into an Attempted Murder on Tuesday, which resulted in serious injuries to a 28 year-old male.
This investigation began at about 12:08 a.m. on Tuesday, September 29, 2020, when police were dispatched to the 1100 block of Athol Street for a male who’d sustained what appeared to be a gunshot wound. Officers at the scene rendered first aid until EMS arrived and transported the victim, a 28 year-old Regina male, to hospital. Investigation into this incident led to the arrest of one suspect on an unrelated matter later that day. Further investigation led to police conducting a traffic stop on two more suspects, who were arrested without incident. Police recovered evidence in a duffle bag, including a sawed-off shotgun. All three males have been charged in connection with this case. The victim remains in hospital. This investigation is ongoing.
Twenty-nine year-old Guy Kendrick Lenney FAVEL and 25 year-old Jeremy Ryan Lee FAVEL, both of Regina, are charged with Attempted Murder Using a Firearm [239(1)(a.1) CC].
In addition, Jeremy Ryan Lee FAVEL is charged with:
– Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition contrary to Prohibition Order [117.01(1) CC];
– Fail to Comply with Condition of Release Order [117.01(1) CC]; and
– Breach of Probation [733.1(1) CC].
Twenty-three year-old Lance FAVEL, of Regina, is charged with:
– Careless Storage of Firearm [86(2) CC];
– Possession of a Weapon for a Purpose Dangerous to Public Peace [88 CC];
– Carrying a Concealed Weapon [91 CC];
– Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm [91(1) CC];
– Unauthorized Possession of a Restricted Firearm [91(2) CC];
– Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Device in a Motor Vehicle [94(1) CC]; and
– Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Serial Number has been Tampered With [108(1)(b) CC].
All three accused individuals made their first appearances on these charges before Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, September 30, 2020.