On Monday, September 28, 2020, at approximately 1:20 a.m., police were dispatched to a residence on the 100 block of Mikkelson Drive for the report of a weapons offence. A vehicle was reported as shot with a BB gun, and a 20 year-old male was sprayed with mace or bear spray. The suspect or suspects were reported to have fled in a vehicle.
At approximately 1:30 a.m., police located the vehicle and performed a traffic stop. The driver, the sole occupant of the vehicle, was arrested. A search revealed a BB gun and a can of mace.
A seventeen year-old male, who will not be named in keeping with the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act, is charged with:
- 2 X Possession of a Weapon [CC 88];
- Mischief Under $5000 [CC 430(4)];
- Assault With A Weapon [CC 267(A)];
- Discharge Air Gun or Pistol With Intent [CC 244.1(A)];
- Point Firearm [CC 87]; and
- Use of Imitation Firearm During Commission of Indictable Offence [CC 85(2)(A)].
The charged made his first appearance in Provincial Youth Court today, Tuesday, September 29, 2020, at 9:30 a.m.